Transactions are a child object to the Chargent Order in Salesforce. The user running the transaction needs the ability to edit and save the record in order to record a Transaction on it.
If this is happening in your Salesforce org:
- Error logs would be going to the Chargent Admin Email Address configured in the Chargent Settings tab. You can also setup your profile to receive notifications for Apex Errors
- Error logs are saved in the Chargent Email Notification custom object.
- There are troubleshooting tools in the Chargent Settings tab you can use to simulate attempting to save a Transaction record.
- For those on Chargent v5.30 or newer you will see the Unresolved Transaction object under your tabs. This will show you all Unresolved Transaction's and the reason for the error.
Things to check in your configuration:
- Required fields that do not have the required value
- Validation Rules that are being triggered
Note: One way to check this is to click edit and then save
- Triggers whose order of operations could be interfering
- Process builder errors that could cause failures to update the record
- Setup > Apex Jobs to see if there are any errors
- Some other issue that prevents saving a record (it is locked for editing by another user, etc.)