- Check with your Gateway to ensure your account has tokenization enabled.
- Test the configuration in Sandbox to ensure it works as expected
In your Gateway Settings:
- Use Tokenization -- check this box in the Gateway record
- Credit Card Handling -- configure this field as you would like, depending on what you want to happen
- Never Clear: Chargent will not remove any card data automatically.
- Clear After Successful Charge: Chargent will clear the credit card number, expiration dates and card security code only after a successful charge is run.
- Clear After All Transactions: The credit card number, expiration date and card security code will be erased after any approved transaction (Charge, Void, Refund)
- Clear When Token Present: Only when a token is present in the token field, will the credit card number, expiration date and card security code be cleared.
For call center / sales entry of credit cards, consider using the Payment Console to create tokens without storing the credit card numbers even temporarily in Salesforce
Additional PCI Compliance and Security Information