- Charge - authorizes and captures a charge on a credit card
- Authorize - checks if the card is good, and an authorization will appear on an online banking register as "Pending" but will later disappear.
- Payment Request - optional feature in sites edition to email payment links to customers
- Void - reverses a transaction if it has been submitted to the gateway but not yet settled
- Credit - credits money to a credit card, similarly to Void but for transactions that have already been settled
- Charge Authorized - captures a charge that has previously been authorized on a card
Chargent uses very similar terminology to your credit card gateway, so for more information please review the Authorize.net documentation on Credit Card Transaction types, or contact your particular gateway for more assistance.