Testing all Salesforce and Chargent configurations in Sandbox is highly recommended before moving to Production. We recommend this for all upgrades and changes in your configuration.
You can migrate configuration changes from your sandbox to production using Salesforce Change Sets. Change Sets are a convenient way to move configuration changes from one Salesforce org to another, and only include changes you make under the Setup menu in Salesforce. No record data is included.
To Use Change Sets:
- Go to Setup > Deploy > Outbound Change Sets
- Select the Components and Profiles that will be part of the Change Set
- Select the name of the Salesforce organization you want to send the Change Set to
- Click Upload
- In the target Salefsorce organization, go to Setup > Deploy > Inbound Change Sets
- Find the Change Set and click Deploy
Please note that you will still need to install Chargent into production from Chargent website. Change Sets are simply a way of moving any custom work you have done from sandbox to production.
For more information on using Change Sets to move configuration updates from your Salesforce Sandbox to your Production Org, please see the Salesforce documentation on Change Sets.