Vantiv's eCommerce payment gateway expires passwords on an annual basis.
You will receive a series of emails from Vantiv, notifying you that the Account passwords you use to submit transactions to the Vantiv eCommerce platform are approaching their expiration date. To avoid any disruption in the processing of your payment transactions, you should generate new passwords and update your systems as soon as possible.
Here are the steps to generate a new Vantiv password and update Chargent in Salesforce:
1. Log into Vantiv's interface at https://reports.iq.vantivcnp.com/ui/login
2. Go to Presenter Credentials
3. Click Generate Password
4. Click the Eye icon to decrypt the Password
5. Copy the password
6. In Salesforce, go to the Gateways tab
7. Locate your Vantiv production gateway
8. Click edit
9. Paste the password into the "Merchant Security Key" field
11. Run a transaction to ensure the new credentials are working