If you are looking to process a downpayment that has a different amount than what you will be processing using Recurring Billing then you would need to do the following.
1. Enter the Charge Amount for the initial Payment and check the box for Manual Charge.
2. Save the record
3. Press the Charge button on the Chargent Order.
This will charge the downpayment.
Setup Recurring Payments:
1. Edit the Chargent Order and change the Charge Amount to the amount of the recurring billing.
2. Set the Payment Start Date to when the recurring payments will start.
3. Save the record.
Please note that in order for Recurring Payments to run you should also make sure the following is set up.
1. The batch is scheduled for ever day and end year is set to a day far in the future.
2. Payment Status is set to Recurring
3. Payment Frequency is set correctly